Biking Croatia coast
This tour starts in Dubrovnik countryside Konavle, after 2 days biking in picturesque Konavle we continue with Peljesac peninsula and Korcula island. Tour continues with Mljet island, Dubrovnik and Elaphite island Sipan. Tour duration is 7 days (7 nights/8days) and it is 4 destination based tour (2 days Konavle, 2 days Korcula island with Peljesac peninsula, 1 day Mljet island and 2 days Dubrovnik with Sipan island). During 7 days you will explore the amazing islands, medieval towns, old villages and lovely bays. Croatia is country of 1000 islands, rich history, Mediterranean vegetation and mild climate, one of the best way to explore it is without any doubt on a bike.
8 days / 7 nights
start any date between April 1 and October 31
Easy and Moderate (25 – 40 km cycling per day)
Mainly flat with some hills
Bike rental EUR 15 per day
E bike rental EUR 25 per day
Single supplement (when travel with two or more travellers) EUR 160
If traveller travel alone supplement is EUR 200
Reduction for own bike EUR 105
Extra nights in Dubrovnik: off season EUR 45 per person (BB) in high season EUR 50 per person (BB).
Type of the accommodation: Guest houses (family hotels, pensions), all accommodations include private bathroom.
Meals: 7 x breakfast.
all lodging, breakfast daily, luggage transfers, local emergency support, transportation as in program, orientation, riding routes with maps, suggestions for visitation and dining, our assistance when it’s needed. Trip includes services for the orientation by our local agent for each destination and service of meeting and support during traveling between tour destinations.
Entrance fee (the ticket) to the National park Mljet is not included, this service is only possible to be paid on the spot, (approx. rate per adult person is EUR 15.00 - 20.00), entrance fee include service of water taxi ride on the salt lakes.
Bike: Cube, hybrid bikes, come equipped with; tool bag, lock, spare tire, repair kit, pump, rack for the panniers, helmetBike: Cube, hybrid bikes, come equipped with; tool bag, lock, spare tire, repair kit, pump, rack for the panniers, helmet
Getting there and other
- The tour starts and finishes in Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik has international airport with easy connections with other European cities and Croatian capital Zagreb.
- There is also option that tour start and finish in Split.
- This tour could last more than 1 week and we also can provide our services in other parts of Dalmatia (Island Hvar, Split etc).
- In addition other activities can include: sea kayaking, hiking-trekking, multisport itineraries, cultural sightseeing...
1st day: Arrival to Dubrovnik airport.
- Meet at Dubrovnik airport and short shuttle to Konavle, fitting the bikes, brief with our representative and depends of the time warm up ride in Konavle valley.
Overnight in Konavle
2nd day: cycling in valley of Konavle countryside
Route: Gruda – Zvekovica – Ljuta - Gruda (circular route, 40 – 55 km)
Total distance approx. Up to 40 km, type of ground: asphalt
Or longer route: Gruda – Cilipi – Prevlaka –Gruda (circular route up to 65 km)
- This day you will spend cycling in farming area of Dubrovnik, cycling route follows the valley and river Ljuta, villages of Zvekovica (with eventually visit town Cavtat) and group of the villages in Gornja Banda.
Night Stop: Konavle countryside
3rd day: Konavle – Peljesac peninsula – Korcula island.
Total bike distance 52 km (climb, total gain 850 m)
- On day 3rd we do ca shuttle from Konavle to Peljesac peninsula and Korcula island. All those who like longer bike rides can cycle Peljesac peninsula bike route (up to 50 km), this route is very scenic but with some demanding parts. If not cycling along peninsula then it is possible shuttle to Korcula and shorter bike ride on the island.
Overnight Lumbarda, Korcula island
4th day: Korcula cycling
Route: From Lumbarda To Korcula town – from Korcula town to bay of Racisce,
The total route length is approximately 40 km, maximum elevation 80 m, type of the ground: asphalt.
- Second day on Korcula we suggest a circular ride from the village Lumbarda to Korcula town where in the old town you can visit Cathedral, house of Marco Polo,...after town sightseeing you will bike along coastal road to picturesque bay of Racisce, after eventually lunch there, you return same road back to Lumbarda.
- 5th Day: Travel to island Mljet, biking in national park area.
Mljet biking route 1. (Village Polace - Salt lakes - Vrataosolina - Polace) Total distance approx. 30 km, max. elevation 90 m , type of ground: asphalt, village roads, gravel (paved and unpaved roads)
Today you visit delightful island of Mljet, famous by its natural protected area where are two salt lakes and many historical monuments that date from ancient times.
- After breakfast head to port Gruz where you take ferry to Mljet, journey time about 2 hours. Your cycle ride starts in village Polace (famous by ruined Roman Palace) and your route will take you around the salt lakes, through villages Babine Kuće and Soline, around lakes back to town Polace.
Night Stop: Mljet, Polace
- 6th day: Travel to Dubrovnik, old town sightseeing walking tour.
- Today we depart from Mljet to Dubrovnik, taking a ferry (or combine with car shuttle, transfer from the island depends of the available ferries and season)
Upon arrival in Dubrovnik you will be taken to your accommodation, afternoon is arranged sightseeing walking tour in the historical centre with local guide.
Night stop: Dubrovnik
- 7th Day: Island Sipan Cycling
Route: from port Sudjuradj Pakljena to port Luka and back to Sudjuradj
Total distance approx. 20 km, max. elevation 230 m, type of ground: paved roads.
- After the breakfast you leave a Dubrovnik for a day trip to Elafite island Sipan. From your Dubrovnik accommodation you will cycle to port Gruz where bikes are put on board for the crossing to island Sipan. Todays ride on the island is very easy, relax, a short biking distance can combine with sightseeing, swimming and relax on this quite island.
Island Sipan was the residential place of Dubrovnik's patricians but today is calm and well-preserved typical Dalmatian island. Following the road from Sudjuradj past vineyards and olive groves to Luka, a small harbour on the west of the island. Here you will find many interesting sights to explore: including old churches, summer residential palaces, beautiful pine forests and hidden bays. This is ideal day for easy cycling, swimming and relax from the city crowds.
During afternoon you take a ferry back to Dubrovnik (there are several times that you can choose for return to Dubrovnik)
Night stop: Dubrovnik
- 8th Day: Tour end
- After the breakfast your cycling tour ends in Dubrovnik and we take you back to Dubrovnik airport according to your flight times, or transfer to some other address in Dubrovnik town if you extend your holidays for a few more days there.
|Period||Price per person (€)|
|In off seasons (departures in March, April, October, November)||660|
|In off seasons II (departures in May, June, September)||715|
|From: July 1st to September 1st||795|