Biking Croatia coast
The tour begins in the near vicinity of Dubrovnik, in Konavle region, where you will spend first two days of your cycling adventure. In the next days you continue to Pelješac peninsula, followed by the island of Korčula. Island cycling continues on the island of Mljet (national park), from where you will embark on a ferry to Dubrovnik. Total duration of the tour is 7 days (6 overnights), and you get the chance to visit 2 islands (1 with a national park), peninsula, rural area of Dubrovnik: Konavle valley, Korčula island, Pelješac peninsula, magical island of Mljet and magnificent Dubrovnik. The road where you will cycle takes you through the villages, vineyards, secluded bays, and medieval towns – you get the chance to stop the ride, take a breath and a sip of water, and enjoy spectacular views that are offered to you on this magical bike tour.
7 days / 6 nights
start any date between April 1 and October 31
Easy and Moderate (25 – 40 km cycling per day)
Mainly flat with some hills
Quoted tour prices are per person sharing a double or twin room.
Single use supplement (when traveling with two or more travellers)
- April, May, October EUR 210.00
- June, July, August, September EUR 240,00
Single supplement if only one person is on the tour EUR 550.00
Type of the accommodation: Guest houses (family hotels, pensions), all accommodations include private bathroom.
Meals included: 6 x breakfast
Hybrid bike EUR 20,00 per day,
CAAD optimo EUR 30.00 or Trek Emonda (carbon fibre) EUR 35,00 per day per bike
E-bike EUR 30.00 per day per bike
Bike: Cube, hybrid bikes, come equipped with; tool bag, lock, spare tire, repair kit, pump, rack for the panniers, helmet
Optional Dubrovnik city tour (price per group, not per person)
1-4 pax EUR 100,00
5-8 pax EUR 120,00
all lodging, breakfast daily, luggage transfers, local emergency support, transportation as in program, orientation, riding routes with maps, suggestions for visitation and dining, our assistance when it’s needed. Trip includes services for the orientation by our local agent for each destination and service of meeting and support during traveling between tour destinations.
Entrance fee (the ticket) to the National park Mljet is not included, this service is only possible to be paid on the spot, (approx. rate per adult person is EUR 25.00), entrance fee include service of water taxi ride on the salt lakes.
- This tour could last more than 1 week and we can provide our services in other parts of Dalmatia (Island Hvar, Split etc), Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- In addition other activities can be included: sea kayaking, hiking, wine tasting, cultural sightseeing (Bosnia or Montenegro day trip)...
Getting there and other
- The tour starts and finishes in Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik has international airport with easy connections with other European cities and Croatian capital Zagreb.
- There is also option that tour starts and finishes in Split.
- This tour could last more than 1 week and we also can provide our services in other parts of Dalmatia (Island Hvar, Split etc).
- In addition other activities can include: sea kayaking, hiking-trekking, multisport itineraries, cultural sightseeing...
Aditional rental options:
Clipless pedals (SPD SL or SPD pedals)
- rental period EUR 10,00
- bike boxes storage, if you come with your bike up to 7 days, EUR 25.00
- bike boxes 7 - 10 days and more EUR 30.00 for the bike box/ rental period
1st day: Arrival to Dubrovnik airport.
- Meet at Dubrovnik airport and short shuttle to Konavle, fitting the bikes, brief with our representative and depends of the time warm up ride in Konavle valley.
Overnight in Konavle
2nd day: cycling in valley of Konavle countryside
Route: Gruda – Zvekovica – Ljuta - Gruda (circular route, 40 – 55 km)
Total distance approx. Up to 40 km, type of ground: asphalt
Or longer route: Gruda – Cilipi – Prevlaka – Gruda (circular route up to 65 km)
- This day you will spend cycling in farming area of Dubrovnik, cycling route follows the valley and river Ljuta, villages of Zvekovica (with eventually visit town Cavtat) and group of the villages in Gornja Banda.
Night Stop: Konavle countryside
3rd day: Konavle – Peljesac peninsula – Korcula island.
Total bike distance 48 km (climb, total gain 740 m)
- On day 3rd we do car shuttle from Konavle to Peljesac peninsula and Korcula island. All those who like longer bike rides can cycle Peljesac peninsula bike route (up to 50 km), this route is very scenic but with some demanding parts. If not cycling along peninsula then it is possible shuttle to Korcula and shorter bike ride on the island.
Overnight Lumbarda, Korcula island
4th day: Korcula cycling
Route: From Lumbarda To Korcula town – from Korcula town to bay of Racisce,
The total route length is approximately 40 km, maximum elevation 80 m, type of the ground: asphalt.
- Second day on Korcula we suggest a circular ride from the village Lumbarda to Korcula town where in the old town you can visit Cathedral, house of Marco Polo,...after town sightseeing you will bike along coastal road to picturesque bay of Racisce, after eventually lunch there, you return same road back to Lumbarda.
5th Day: Travel to island Mljet, biking in national park area
Mljet biking route 1. (Village Polace - Salt lakes - Vrata osolina - Polace) Total distance approx. 30 km, max. elevation 90 m, type of ground: asphalt, village roads, gravel (paved and unpaved roads)
Today you visit delightful island of Mljet, famous by its natural protected area where are two salt lakes and many historical monuments that date from ancient times.
- After breakfast head to port Korcula where you take the ferry to Mljet, journey time about 30 min. Your cycle ride starts in village Pomena or Polace (a two small towns just outside national park territory) and your route will take you around the salt lakes, through villages Babine Kuće and Soline, around lakes back to town Polace or Pomena.
Night Stop: Mljet, Polace/Pomena
6th day: Travel to Dubrovnik, old town free time in Dubrovnik (optional city sightseeing tour in the historical part)
- Today we depart from Mljet to Dubrovnik, taking a ferry (or combine with car shuttle, transfer from the island depends of the available ferries and season)
Upon arrival in Dubrovnik you will be taken to your accommodation, afternoon is free or possible sightseeing walking tour in the historical centre with local guide.
Night stop: Dubrovnik
7th Day: Tour end
After the breakfast your cycling tour ends in Dubrovnik and we take you back to Dubrovnik airport according to your flight times, or transfer to some other address in Dubrovnik town if you extend your holidays for a few more days there.
|Period||Price per person (€)|
|April, May, October||930|