Explore the Balkans - Guided multi sport tour - 8 days
Bike, hike and paddle in 3 countries: Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro Explore the natural, cultural and historical attractions of 3 neighboring countries through multisport activities: hiking in the mountains of Dubrovnik countryside, biking along the picturesque bays of Montenegro and over the formal railroad route through Bosnia, paddle on the green river, and explore historical cities: Dubrovnik, Kotor and Mostar. This is a 8 days / 7 nights, guided tour with moderate daily activities. Day by day we travel and explore one of the most scenic and interesting areas of Europe where rivers meet the sea, west meets east, Orient meets the Mediterranean.
8 days / 7 nights
April to October
Moderate with some hills
- 8 days / 7 nights
- Hiking, biking, paddling
- 3 countries (Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina)
Departure dates 2021:
May 29th EUR 1.420,00 per person
October 16th EUR 1.315,00 per person
Prices are per person staying in a double or twin use room.
Single-use supplement EUR 180,00
Minimum 4 pax per departure
A private tour is possible; on a request basis, please contact us for more details.
7 nights accommodation in 3* and 4* hotels
Meal plan: 7 x breakfast, 6 x dinner, 6 x lunch (light lunch, picnic lunch during active days)
- last day lunch and dinner not included.
Itinerary as described: 1 x hike, 3 x bike and 1 x river canoe trip, city tour of Dubrovnik.
Ground services; guide and support car during a tour, all car shuttles according itinerary, airport shuttles, equipped trekking (hybrid bikes) are included.
Aditional rental options:
Garmin (Edge Explore)
- 3 days rental period EUR 10,00
- 4 - 10 days rental period EUR 15,00
Clipless pedals (SPD SL or SPD pedals)
- 3 days rental period EUR 5,00
- 4 - 10 days rental period EUR 10,00
Day 1st: Arrival to Dubrovnik airport
- Shuttle to accommodation in Cavtat / Konavle, check-in.
- Welcome dinner with the group
- Overnight in Cavtat or Konavle region
Day 2nd: Konavle hiking
- Hiking tour of Konavle starts after the short drive to village Kuna (at 750 m above sea level and valley of Konavle) there we start the hike to 1234m high peak following the old Austro Hungarian military trail. From the peak, we enjoy spectacular views to the towns and islands on the coast, valley of Konavle and huge part of Bosnia and Montenegro. After the lunch we walk back to the village and drive to the hotel.
- Overnight the same hotel in Konavle or Cavtat
Day 3rd: Kotor (Montenegro), biking distance 65 km
Biking from Konavle crosses the border to Montenegro.
- After breakfast, we fit the bikes and cycle along the Konavle valley and picturesque bays to Montenegro. We cross the border and cycle through town Herceg Novi. The trip continues along bay of Kotor, an area with amazing views to the bay, historical towns with the dramatic hinterland.
- Arrival in Kotor and eventually free time to explore the town on your own.
- Overnight Kotor town area.
Day 4th Ravno (Bosnia & Herzegovina), biking distance 65 km
- Today we leave Kotor town and Montenegro by car. After 1h drive, in the mountain region of Montenegro, we leave the car and continue on the bikes. From the mountain region of Montenegro we cycle down to valley of Herzegovina, pass by small towns, farms and very rural area that was very badly damaged during the last war in the 90s. In small-town Hum we get the formal railroad Ciro (now cycling path) and we continue cycling along that path to small-town Ravno. This interesting and remote part of Herzegovina (southern part of Bosnia) is very much different then Croatia and Montenegro.
- Overnight Ravno / Zavla
Day 5th: Čapljina (Bosnia & Herzegovina) biking distance 60 km
The next day in Bosnia&Herzegovina we continue cycling on a formal railroad trail through the rural area of Herzegovina, along the valley of Popovo Polje. This trail takes us to another valley and river Neretva, a green area with lakes, rivers, and channels.
Overnight in town Čapljina, on river Neretva.
Day 6th: Mostar (canoe safari on the river) distance 8 km and sightseeing of Mostar
This morning we have a different experience, after a short car shuttle to the starting point on the river Trebizat we start with a canoe adventure on the river. Paddling, swimming enjoying the scenery and exploring is part of this river adventure. Depends of our stops (swimming, photo stops…) we finish with a canoe adventure around lunchtime. After lunch, we drive to Mostar (45 min drive up north) where we have free time in the afternoon to explore the town on our own. Overnight in Mostar.
Day 7th: Dubrovnik, city tour.
After the breakfast, we leave Mostar and Bosnia Herzegovina and we travel to Dubrovnik (Croatia) by car. It takes about 3 h scenic drive along the mountain area of Herzegovina. Upon arrival to Dubrovnik and check in our hotel, we have a city tour in the historical part of Dubrovnik. Rest of the day free.
Overnight in Dubrovnik
Day 8th Departure day
- Breakfast and shuttle to Dubrovnik airport according to flight time, or to any other location in Dubrovnik
|Period||Price per person (€)|
|April 25. – May 02. 2020.||1315|
|May 30. – June 06. 2020.||1420|
|October 17. – October 24. 2020.||1315|