Cycling west Balkan triangle - Self guided
The cycling tour in west Balkan and Mediterranean part of Europe is cycling through one of the most spectacular places in the Europe. This fantastic area spread over the hills and mountains of the Dinarids, along the seashores settled by medieval towns, picturesque villages and valleys in Bosnia. On this tour, you visit 3 countries: Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina and you will explore most interesting sights of it. This holiday combine rides on the flat and hilly routes; tour is for the nature and history lovers, cyclists who prefer daily longer distances with some challenging parts, and always awarded with spectacular views.
Duration 8 days / 7 nights
Moderate with some challenging parts
Flat and hills
For self-guided min. 2 pax
Start & end: Dubrovnik
Independent group departures daily from April until November
- EUR 950,00 July, August
- EUR 900,00 June, Sept
- EUR 800.00 April, May, Oct
Single use supplement EUR 210,00 (April, May, October) EUR 280 (June, September, July, August)
- Bike rental extra EUR 15,00 per day
- E bike (electric bike) EUR 25.00 per bike / day
Tour rate includes:
- 7 days self guided bike tour
- Accommodation in 3 - 4* hotels,
- Meals: 7 x breakfast, 1 x welcome dinner
- Airport and all other transfers according tour itinerary.
Day 1st: Arrival day
Meet at Dubrovnik airport transfer to Hotel in Dubrovnik.
Rest of the day free.
- Dinner with the group, introduction with trip
- Meal plan: dinner (D)
Day 2nd: Cycling Dubrovnik - Herceg Novi (through Bosnian territory)
- cycling distance 65 km
- Breakfast in hotel, short transfer outside town where we start with biking, cycling in direction border with Bosnia Hercegovina and town Trebinje.
- cycling through hilly part of triangle Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, direction to town Herceg Novi on Montenegro coast.
- Night stop hotel 3/4 *in Herceg Novi area
- Meal plan: B
Day 3rd: Montenegro coast (from Herceg Novi along bay of Boka to town Kotor) - distance 50 km
- breakfast in hotel, check out.
- cycling along the coastal area of Boka bay (Montenegro fjord) to town Kotor. Today’s bike ride is mainly on flat terrain, we follow the road along the bay of Kotor, through medieval, historical towns. After short stop in Kotor town we continue to our hotel.
- night stop hotel 3* Kotor town area.
-Meal plan :B
day 4th: Montenegro - Croatia (70 km)
After breakfast and check out from the hotel, we continue with bike ride along the bay in direction to border crossing with Croatia. Once we cross the border we ride through Konavle countryside, very picturesque area between mountains and Adriatic sea.
- Arrival to town of Cavtat in the afternoon, free time to explore medieval town on your own.
- Overnight in Cavtat area 3* hotel.
- Meal plan: B,
day 5th: Croatia - Bosnia - Herzegovina, cycling distance 57 km
Today, after the breakfast we start bike ride from the coastal town Cavtat to hilly part of Bosnia Herzegovina, once we cross the border in town Ivanica we continue ride on the old rail road along valley of Popovo polje and river Trebisnjica. This area was war zone in the 90s, there are still many evidence along the route about those days. Besides interesting historical facts, this part of the road has very beauty and different landscape then coastal area.
- Arrival to small village Zavala in the afternoon, free time. Overnight in cozy B&B (this actually only possible hotel in this part of the route).
- Meal plan: B
6th day: Zavala – Ston (Bosnia & Herzegovina back to Croatia), bike ride 40 km
- Today we cycle along the valley and rural areas in Herzegovina towards border with Croatia, peninsula Peljesac and town of Ston. This area is famous with few things: town Ston is medieval walled town with longest city walls in Europe, it is first town in Peljesac peninsula where they produce excellent red wines, around town Ston there are bays with oysters and mussels farms.
- Today’s ride is one of the shortest, but it is hilly part with nice climbs and downhills.
- Arrival to Ston, free time, possible oyster tasting and sailing trip to the oyster farms.
- Overnight in 2/3*hotel in Ston
- Meal plan: B,
day 7th: Ston – along Peljesac peninsula to Orebic , 60 km
and afternoon shuttle to Dubrovnik.
- Cycling along Peljesac peninsula is one most scenic bike ride on the Mediterranean, it has everything, nice roads by the, spectacular views to the islands and open sea, scenic roads through wine yards and through old villages or towns in hidden bays.
- Bike ride finishes in town Orebic around lunch time.
- During the afternoon we provide a shuttle (minibus) to Dubrovnik, arrival in Dubrovnik in the evening hours.
- Overnight in 3/4*hotel in Dubrovnik
- Meal plan: B
day 8th: Departure day
- Breakfast in hotel and morning shuttle to Dubrovnik airport.
|Period||Price per person (€)|
|April, May, Oct||800|