Croatian coast bike tour - 5 days/4 nights
5 days/4 nights, self- guided bike tour Explore Dubrovnik coastal area with region of Peljesac peninsula (towns Ston, Orebic) and Korcula island on your bike. There are many reasons to visit Croatia but here on Peljesac peninsula and Dubrovnik you will find beautiful walled towns, mix of ancient history, unspoiled nature and breath taking landscapes. This carefully selected route takes you through a charming Dalmatian landscape of rounded hilltops silhouetted by stately cypress and pine trees, hidden bays and beaches. Trails through vineyards and olive groves lead to magnificent walled cities filled with narrow winding streets, great food and world famous wines.
5 days/4 nights
Start daily, any date between April 1 and October 31,
Moderate (20 – 50 km cycling per day)
Hilly with flat parts
2 nights Orebic town (Peljesac peninsula/ Korcula island)
1 night Medieval town Ston (Pelčjesac peninsula)
1 nightGruda (Dubrovnik countryside
- Tour length: 5 days (4 nights)
- Tour dates: start daily, any date between April 1 and October 31,
- Level of activity: moderate (20 – 50 km cycling per day)
- Terrain: variety: flat with hilly parts
- for departures in March, April, October, November EUR 470,00 per person/tour
- for departures in May, June, September) EUR510,00 per person
- for departures from: July 1st to Sept. 1st EUR 540.00 per person
- rates are per person in double occupancy or twin shared bedroom
- EUR 15.00 per person/day (hybrid or road bike)
- E- bike (hybrid) EUR 25.00 per bike / day
- Bike rental include; fully equipped rental bike for the duration of the tour, helmet, patch kit, spare tube, pump, lock, rack and water bottle holder.
Single supplement (when travel with two or more travellers) EUR 80.00
If the tour is divided into 2 different months and there are 2 different tour prices then we charge it on the costs of the month where they spend more days (if the tour start May 29th and end June 5th) then we charge it on rates from June
Type of the accommodation:B&B (B&Bs and family run hotels), all accommodations include private bathroom, bedroom.
Meals: 4 x breakfast
Trip includes: all lodging, breakfast daily, luggage transfers, local emergency support, transportation as in program, riding routes with maps, suggestions for visitation and dining. Trip includes services for the orientation by our local agent for each destination and service of meeting and support during traveling between tour destinations.
Bike:Cube, or Cannondale (road bikes)
Getting there and others:The tour starts and finishes in Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik has international airport with easy connections with other European cities and Croatian capital Zagreb.
This tour could last more than 5 days and we can provide our services in other parts of Dalmatia (island Hvar, Split etc.).
Day 1st; Arrival, Dubrovnik airport - meeting at Dubrovnik airport with our guide/driver - transfer from the airport along the coastline to Peljesac peninsula to town of Orebić.
Rest of the day, depends of the arrival time, cycling around, we suggest coastal route to Viganj and back
- Night stop Orebić town
Day 2nd : bike ride Orebic – Korcula – Orebic, cycling distance 45 km
- cycling to Orebic town port where you catch the ferry to Korcula ferry port (Domince) approx. ferry runs almost every hour. From ferry port cycle in direction Korcula town, then along the coast to picturesque town Racisce (you pass by many hidden bays and beaches). For the return take the same road back to the ferry port then ride to hotel.
Korcula island, is not just famous by Marco Polo who was born in Korcula town in 15ct, it is famous by walled town of Korcula, narrow streets, Venetian architecture and Mediterranean lifestyle. This green island with many hidden bays and beaches, old villages, clear blue sea is ideal place for cycling or spending a day in relax and peace.
Places to see and restaurants:
Marco Polo museum, Moreska sword dance, town museum.
Restaurants: Konoba Mareta, restaurant Aterina
Day 3rd : biking along Peljesac peninsula, town Potomje – Ston, distance 50 km
- check out from hotel, transfer with our driver (you, your bags and bikes) to town Potomje (to avoid narrow and steep part of the road in distance of 5 km). You start with your cycling in town Potomje, through tunnel that connects valley with terraces coast where the famous vineyards of Peljesac are. The road follows small coastal towns: Trstenik, Zuljana, Putnikovici, … to town Ston. This scenic road has many places where you can stop, enjoy in sightseeing, wine tasting, swimming or heaving the lunch in local konoba( a restaurant where they serve local food). Upon arrival to Ston, check in your hotel and free time for sightseeing.
Ston was a major fort of the Dubrovnik Republic whose defensive walls were regarded as a notable feat of medieval architecture. The town's inner wall measures 890 meters in length, while the Great Wall outside the town has a circumference of 5 km. The walls extend to Mali Ston ("Little Ston"), a smaller town on the northern side of the Pelješac isthmus and the end of the Bay of Mali Ston, notable for its mariculture.
Things to do in Ston: city walls and sightseeing,
Restaurants: Bacus, Captain house.
- Day 4th ; cycling in valley of Konavle countryside
Route: Gruda – Zvekovica – Ljuta -Gruda (circular route, 40 – 55 km)
Total distance approx. Up to 55 km, type of ground: asphalt
- This day you will spend cycling in farming area of Dubrovnik, cycling route follows the valley and river Ljuta, villages of Zvekovica (with eventually visit town Cavtat) and group of the villages in Gornja Banda.
Night Stop: Konavle country side or Cavtat
Day 5th: Departure day - after breakfast (according your flight time) transfer to Dubrovnik airport/port/or another address in Dubrovnik area.
|Period||Price per person (€)|
|March, April, October, November||470|
|May, June, September||510|
|July 1st to Sept. 1st||540|