Croatian coast bike tour - 5 days/4 nights
This 4 night / 5 day self-guided “Croatian coast bike tour” takes place in wider Dubrovnik region, representing “the best of the Croatian coast”, and that does include medieval cities protected with city walls (Dubrovnik, Ston and Korčula), downhill vineyards reaching all the way down to the sea on Pelješac peninsula, cypress and pine tree forests, olive groves following you from both sides of the road you are taking, secluded beaches in bays beneath high hills – and you get to visit all of this at your own pace, on a bike! You get the spend your evenings in the narrow streets vibrating with life, enjoying some local dishes and world-renowned wines from this region. If you have just a couple of days off, and you wish to soak up the best of Croatian coast on a bike, this is THE tour for you!
5 days / 4 nights
Start daily, any date between April 1 and October 31,
Moderate (20 – 50 km cycling per day)
Hilly with flat parts
2 nights Orebic town (Peljesac peninsula / Korcula island)
1 night in the medieval town Ston (Pelješac peninsula)
1 night in Gruda (Dubrovnik countryside)
- Tour length: 5 days (4 nights)
- Tour dates: start daily, any date between April 1 and October 31,
- Level of activity: moderate (20 – 50 km cycling per day)
- Terrain: variety: flat with hilly parts
Single supplement (when traveling with two or more travelers)
- April, May, October EUR 140.00
- June, July, August, September EUR 160.00
Single supplement if only one person is on the tour EUR 380.00
Bike rental (additional cost):
- EUR 20.00 per person/day (hybrid or road bike)
- E-bike (hybrid) EUR 30.00 per bike/day
- Road bikes: CAAD Optimo EUR 30.00 Trek Emonda (carbon fiber) EUR 35.00
- Bike rental includes; a fully equipped rental bike for the duration of the tour, helmet, patch kit, spare tube, pump, lock, rack and a water bottle holder.
If the tour is divided into 2 different months and there are 2 different tour prices then we charge it on the costs of the month where they spend more days (if the tour start May 29th and end June 5th) then we charge it on rates from June
Type of accommodation: B&B (B&Bs and family-run hotels), all accommodations include a private bathroom and bedroom.
Meals included: 4 x breakfast
Trip includes all lodging, breakfast daily, luggage transfers, local emergency support, transportation as in the program, riding routes with maps, suggestions for visitation and dining. Trip includes services for the orientation by our local agent for each destination and service of meetings and support during traveling between tour destinations.
Bike: Cube, or Cannondale (road bikes)
Getting there and others:The tour starts and finishes in Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik has an international airport with easy connections with other European cities and Croatian capital Zagreb.
This tour could last more than 5 days and we can provide our services in other parts of Dalmatia (island Hvar, Split etc.).
Additional rental options:
Clipless pedals (SPD SL or SPD pedals)
- 4 days rental period EUR 10,00
Day 1st: Arrival, at Dubrovnik airport - meeting at Dubrovnik airport with our guide/driver - transfer from the airport along the coastline to Peljesac peninsula to town of Orebić.
Rest of the day, depending of the arrival time, and cycling around, we suggest a coastal route to Viganj and back
- Night stop Orebić town
Day 2nd: bike ride Orebic – Korcula – Orebic, cycling distance 45 km
- cycling to Orebic town port where you catch the ferry to Korcula ferry port (Domince) approx. the ferry runs almost every hour. From the ferry port cycle in the direction Korcula town, then along the coast to the picturesque town Racisce (you pass by many hidden bays and beaches). For the return take the same road back to the ferry port then ride to the hotel.
Korcula island, is not just famous by Marco Polo who was born in Korcula town in 15ct, it is famous by the walled town of Korcula, its narrow streets, Venetian architecture and Mediterranean lifestyle. This green island with many hidden bays and beaches, old villages, clear blue sea is the ideal place for cycling or spending a day in relaxation and peace.
Places to see and restaurants:
Marco Polo museum, Moreska sword dance, town museum.
Restaurants: Konoba Mareta, restaurant Aterina
Overnight in Orebić
Day 3rd: biking along Peljesac peninsula, town Potomje – Ston, distance 50 km
- check out from your accommodation, and transfer with our driver (you, your bags and bikes) to the town Potomje (to avoid the narrow and steep part of the road in a distance of 5 km). You start with your cycling in town Potomje, through the tunnel that connects the valley with the terraces coast where the famous vineyards of Peljesac are. The road follows small coastal towns: Trstenik, Zuljana, Putnikovici, … to town Ston. This scenic road has many places where you can stop, enjoy in sightseeing, wine tasting, swimming or having lunch in local konoba( a restaurant where they serve local food). Upon arrival to Ston, check in to your hotel and have free time for sightseeing.
Ston was a major fort of the Dubrovnik Republic whose defensive walls were regarded as a notable feat of medieval architecture. The town's inner wall measures 890 meters in length, while the Great Wall outside the town has a circumference of 5 km. The walls extend to Mali Ston ("Little Ston"), a smaller town on the northern side of the Pelješac isthmus and the end of the Bay of Mali Ston, notable for its mariculture.
Things to do in Ston: city walls and sightseeing,
Restaurants: Bacus, Captain house.
Overnight in Ston
Day 4th: Cycling in valley of Konavle countryside
Route: Gruda – Zvekovica – Ljuta - Gruda (circular route, 40 – 55 km)
Total distance approx. Up to 55 km, type of ground: asphalt
- This day you will spend cycling in the farming area of Dubrovnik, cycling route follows the valley and river Ljuta, the villages of Zvekovica (with eventually visit town Cavtat) and a group of the villages in Gornja Banda.
Night Stop: Konavle countryside or Cavtat
Day 5th: Departure day - after breakfast (according to your flight time) transfer to Dubrovnik airport/port/ or another address in Dubrovnik area if you are extending your stay
|Period||Price per person (€)|
|April, May, October,||585|