Cycling west Balkan triangle - guided
A fully guided “Cycling tour of the west Balkans triangle” is designed and created for small groups of cyclists wanting to get to know this vibrant geographical and historical part of Europe. Your group is guided by an experienced tour leader – cyclist, who is also a resident of this area, well educated in the past & present circumstances of these parts of the world, and can offer an objective opinion on historical events, as well as current status, economic and political, of the area. The road takes our group through the hills and mountains of the Dinarids, through valleys and villages with traditional lifestyles, all the way down to one of the most amazing seashores in Europe. On this tour, you shall pass the borders of three countries: Croatia, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina, and visit the major sites on your cycling route. If you are in love with nature, history, and geography, in addition to cycling, this is the right tour for you (and your group). You should be ready to cycle about 60 – 85 km per day, there are some ups and downs, just like in life – but, trust us, you feel very much rewarded when you take a break for water and some photo shooting from the top of the hill – the views are spectacular. The benefit of this guided tour is that your gear and equipment are delivered to your destination for the day in our “support car”, so you can focus solely on the enjoyment of cycling through this wild & beautiful part of the world, and sharing your joy and experience with your group members.
8 days / 7 nights
April till November
Moderate to challenging, 60 – 85 km per day
Moderate with some hills
Prices are per person sharing a double or twin-use room.
Single-use supplement EUR 210,00 (April, May, October) EUR 280 (June, September)
Independent group departures (private group departures)
- 4 and more people on tour can have independent departure dates during any date April 1st – November 1st but preferably start on Saturdays.
Prices: April, May and October EUR 1055.00
June and September EUR 1165.00
Bike rental extra
- Hybrid bike EUR 20,00 per day
- Road bikes: Cannondale EUR 25 or Trek Emonda (carbon fiber) EUR 35 per day/bike
- E-bike (hybrid) EUR 30.00 per bike/day
Tour rate includes:
- 7 days guided bike tour (guide and luggage transfers)
- Accommodation in 3* - 4* hotels,
- Meals: 7 x breakfast, 2 x dinner (first and last night), 7 x lunch (snacks, fruits, sandwiches during bike rides)
- Airport and all other transfers according to the tour itinerary.
Additional rental options:
Clipless pedals (SPD SL or SPD pedals)
- 3 days rental period EUR 5,00
- 4 - 10 days rental period EUR 10,00
Day 1st: Arrival day
- Meet at Dubrovnik airport and transfer to Hotel in Dubrovnik.
The rest of the day is free.
- dinner with the group, introduction to the trip.
Day 2nd: Cycling Dubrovnik - Herceg Novi (through Bosnian territory)
- cycling distance 65 km
- Breakfast in hotel, short transfer outside town to biking trip start, cycling in direction border with Bosnia Hercegovina and town Trebinje.
- cycling through the hilly part of the triangle Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, direction to the town Herceg Novi on the Montenegro coast.
- Night stop hotel 3* or 4* in Herceg Novi area
Day 3rd: Montenegro coast (from Herceg Novi along the bay of Boka to town Kotor) - - Distance 60 km
- breakfast in the hotel, check out.
- cycling along the coastal area of Boka bay (Montenegro fjord) to the town Kotor. Today’s bike ride is mainly on flat terrain, we follow the road along the Bay of Kotor, through medieval, historical towns. After a shortstop in Kotor town, we continue to our hotel.
- night stop hotel 3* Kotor town area.
Day 4th: Montenegro - Croatia (70 km)
- After breakfast and check out from the hotel, we continue with a bike ride along the bay in the direction of the border crossing with Croatia. Once we cross the border we ride through Konavle countryside, a very picturesque area between mountains and the Adriatic sea.
- Arrival in the town of Cavtat in the afternoon, free time to explore the medieval town on your own.
- Overnight in Cavtat area 3* hotel.
Day 5th: Croatia - Bosnia - Herzegovina, cycling distance 65 km
Today, after breakfast we start a bike ride from the coastal town Cavtat to the hilly part of Bosnia Herzegovina, once we cross the border in the town Ivanica we continue the ride on the old railroad along the valley of Popovo polje and river Trebisnjica. This area was a war zone in the 90s, there is still much evidence along the route about those days. Besides interesting historical facts, this part of the road has very beautiful and different landscapes than the coastal area.
- Arrival to the small village Zavala in the afternoon, free time. Overnight in cozy B&B (this actually the only possible hotel in this part of the route).
6th day: Zavala – Ston (Bosnia & Herzegovina back to Croatia), bike ride 40 km
- After one day and cycling in Bosnia Herzegovina we take the road back to Croatia, to the peninsula Peljesac and the town of Ston. This area is famous for a few things: town Ston is a medieval walled town with the longest city walls in Europe, it is the first town in the Peljesac peninsula where they produce excellent red wines, around town Ston there are bays with oysters and mussels farms.
- Today’s ride is one of the shortest, but it is a hilly part with nice climbs and downhills.
- Arrival to Ston, free time, possible oyster tasting, and sailing trip to the oyster farms.
- Overnight in 2* / 3* hotel in Ston.
Day 7th: Ston – along Peljesac peninsula to Orebic (Korcula), 60 km
- Cycling along the Peljesac peninsula is one of the most scenic bike rides on the Mediterranean, it has everything, nice roads with spectacular views of the islands and open sea, scenic roads through vineyards, and through old villages or towns in hidden bays.
- Bike ride finishes in the town Orebic.
- During the afternoon van transfer to Dubrovnik.
- Dinner with the group and overnight in 4* hotel in Dubrovnik.
- Departure day
Morning shuttle to Dubrovnik airport
|Period||Price per person (€)|
|April 29th – May 6th 2023.||920|
|June 10th – June 17th 2023.||1020|
|September 9th – September 16th 2023.||1020|
|October 7th - October 14th 2023||920|