Guided Cycling west Balkan triangle Croatia / Montenegro / Bosnia & Herzegovina
Fully guided “Cycling tour of west Balkans triangle” is designed and created for small groups of cyclists wanting to get to know this vibrant geographical and historical part of Europe. Your group is guided by experienced tour leader – cyclist, who is also a resident of this area, well educated in the past & present circumstances of these parts of the world, and can offer objective opinion on historical events, as well as current status, economic and political, of the area. The road takes our group through hills and mountains of the Dinarids, through valleys and villages with traditional life style, all the way down to one of the most amazing sea shores in Europe. On this tour you shall pass the borders of three countries: Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina, and visit the major sites on your cycling route. If you are in love with nature, history, geography, in addition to cycling, this is the right tour for you (and your group). You should be ready to cycle about 60 – 85 km per day, there are some up’s and downs, just like in life – but, trust us, you feel very much rewarded when you take a break for water and some photo shooting from the top of the hill – the views are spectacular. Benefit of this guided tour is that your gear and equipment is delivered to your destination for the day in our “support car”, so you can focus solely on enjoyment of cycling through this wild & beautiful part of the world, and sharing your joy and experience with your group members.
8 days / 7 nights
April till November
Moderate to challenging, 60 – 85 km per day
Moderate with some hills
May 1st – May 8th 2021. 925,00 EUR per person
June 12th – June 19th 2021. 1,030.00 EUR per person
September 18th – September 25th 2021. 1,030.00 EUR per person
Prices are per person sharing a double or twin use room.
Single use supplement EUR 210,00 (April, May, October) EUR 280 (June, September)
Independent group departures (private group departures)
- 4 and more people on tour can have independent departure date during any date April 1st – November 1st .
Bike rental extra
- Hybrid bike EUR 15,00 per day
- Road bikes: Cannondale EUR 20 or Trek Emonda (carbon fibre) EUR 30 per day / bike
- E bike (hybrid) EUR 25.00 per bike / day
Tour rate includes:
- 7 days guided bike tour (guide and luggage transfers)
- Accommodation in 3* - 4* hotels,
- Meals: 7 x breakfast, 2 x dinner (first and last night), 7 x lunch (snacks, fruits, sandwiches during bike rides)
- Airport and all other transfers according tour itinerary.
Aditional rental options:
Garmin (Edge Explore)
- 3 days rental period EUR 10,00
- 4 - 10 days rental period EUR 15,00
Clipless pedals (SPD SL or SPD pedals)
- 3 days rental period EUR 5,00
- 4 - 10 days rental period EUR 10,00
Day 1st: Arrival day
- Meet at Dubrovnik airport transfer to Hotel in Dubrovnik.
Rest of the day free.
- dinner with the group, introduction in trip.
Day 2nd: Cycling Dubrovnik - Herceg Novi (through Bosnian territory)
- cycling distance 65 km
- Breakfast in hotel, short transfer outside town to biking trip start, cycling in direction border with Bosnia Hercegovina and town Trebinje.
- cycling through hilly part of triangle Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, direction to town Herceg Novi on Montenegro coast.
- Night stop hotel 3* or 4* in Herceg Novi area
Day 3rd: Montenegro coast (from Herceg Novi along bay of Boka to town Kotor) - - distance 60 km
- breakfast in hotel, check out.
- cycling along the coastal area of Boka bay (Montenegro fjord) to town Kotor. Today’s bike ride is mainly on flat terrain, we follow the road along the bay of Kotor, through medieval, historical towns. After short stop in Kotor town we continue to our hotel.
- night stop hotel 3* Kotor town area.
Day 4th: Montenegro - Croatia (70 km)
- After breakfast and check out from the hotel, we continue with bike ride along the bay in direction to border crossing with Croatia. Once we cross the border we ride through Konavle countryside, very picturesque area between mountains and Adriatic sea.
- Arrival to town of Cavtat in the afternoon, free time to explore medieval town on your own.
- Overnight in Cavtat area 3* hotel.
Day 5th: Croatia - Bosnia - Herzegovina, cycling distance 65 km
Today, after the breakfast we start bike ride from the coastal town Cavtat to hilly part of Bosnia Herzegovina, once we cross the border in town Ivanica we continue ride on the old rail road along valley of Popovo polje and river Trebisnjica. This area was war zone in the 90s, there are still many evidence along the route about those days. Besides interesting historical facts, this part of the road has very beauty and different landscape then coastal area.
- Arrival to small village Zavala in the afternoon, free time. Overnight in cozy B&B (this actually only possible hotel in this part of the route).
6th day: Zavala – Ston (Bosnia & Herzegovina back to Croatia), bike ride 40 km
- After one day and cycling in Bosnia Herzegovina we take road back to Croatia, to peninsula Peljesac and town of Ston. This area is famous with few things: town Ston is medieval walled town with longest city walls in Europe, it is first town in Peljesac peninsula where they produce excellent red wines, around town Ston there are bays with oysters and mussels farms.
- Today’s ride is one of the shortest, but it is hilly part with nice climbs and downhills.
- Arrival to Ston, free time, possible oyster tasting and sailing trip to the oyster farms.
- Overnight in 2* / 3* hotel in Ston.
Day 7th: Ston – along Peljesac peninsula to Orebic (Korcula), 60 km
- Cycling along Peljesac peninsula is one most scenic bike ride on the Mediterranean, it has everything, nice roads by the, spectacular views to the islands and open sea, scenic roads through vineyards and through old villages or towns in hidden bays.
- Bike ride finishes in town Orebic where our base for the overnight is.
- During the afternoon possible visit Korcula island and town of Korcula (birthplace of Marco Polo), there is water taxi from Orebic port, ride takes 15 min.
- Dinner with group and overnight in 4* hotel in Orebic.
- Departure day
Breakfast in hotel and morning shuttle to Dubrovnik or Dubrovnik airport Breakfast in hotel and morning shuttle to Dubrovnik or Dubrovnik airport
|Period||Price per person (€)|
|May 1st – May 8th 2021.||925|
|June 12th – June 19th 2021.||1030|
|September 18th – September 25th 2021.||1030|